Office information and hours
VCU Medical Center Ambulatory Care
417 North 11th Street
Richmond, Va. 23298
For appointments, call (804) 828-7069
Stony Point Orthopaedic Clinic
9000 Stony Point Parkway
Richmond, Va. 23235
For appointments, call (804) 560-8945
Board certification and licensure
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society of Hand Surgery
- Fellowship: National Institutes of Health Fellow in Microsurgery
- Residency: Duke University
- Medical school: University of Pennsylvania
- Undergraduate study: B.S. in Industrial Engineering and B.A. in Applied Science, LeHigh University
Dr. Robert S. Adelaar is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Society of Hand Surgery and the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
Dr. Adelaar is past president of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society and the Southern Orthopaedic Association. He is the chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at VCU Medical Center and recently received the 2005 American Foot and Ankle Society’s Roger A. Mann, M.D., Award and Grant.
Dr. Adelaar’s research interests include foot and ankle engineering applications.