Varatharaj Mounasamy, M.D. Professor and Director of Orthopaedic Trauma
VCU Ambulatory Care Center
417 North 11th Street, 3rd Floor
Richmond, Va. 23219
For appointments, call (804) 828-7069
Dr. Mounasamy specializes in orthopaedic trauma and anterior total hip arthroplasty.
Board certification and licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Board Certified
- Virginia Board of Medicine Physician License
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Utah
- Fellowship - Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center (Trauma) - Richmond, VA
University of Virginia Medical Center (Adult Reconstruction) - Charlottesville, VA
Nemours Children/Orlando Regional Health System (Pediatrics) - Orlando, FL
University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital (Musculoskeletal Oncology) - Coral Gables, FL
- Fellow - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons - Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Residency - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons - Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Medical School - Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital - Mumbai, India
Dr. Mounasamy serves on the editorial board of the European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery as the associate editor.
Dr. Mounasamy is actively involved in the biomechanical study of pelvic fractures and lower extremity peri-articular fractures.
To view listing of recent publications, please go to PubMed.